Friday, August 20, 2010

EnGenius ERB9250 Wireless Range Extender (Repeater)

I recently bought a EnGenius ERB9250 Wireless Range Extender and coupled it with my Apple AirPort Extreme (which support A, B, G, and N wireless networks) after configuring it from my Windows XP client.

It works amazingly well.

I bought it from NewEgg. There were your standard complaints about the manual. There was indeed a picture missing from the Windows XP installation steps [which is what my laptop runs].

I followed the "manual" instructions.

There are a couple of additional details that I would like to add.

After you "configure" the repeater as per the instructions and you are preparing to connect... stop. Until the repeater displays the same name as the original router, it's not ready for connections. The repeater is ready when it shows up as a second access point with the same name as the original.

Again, an amazing product hampered by a poor manual.

1 comment:

help writing term paper said...

I think this is a good idea to use such a device. very nice stuff!